- Make sure your children attend classes regularly, arrive at school on time, and do their homework.
- Attend school events, support the school and stay in contact with school staff.
- Help your children develop positive attitudes to school and respect the staff and school property.
- Show common courtesy and respect to all; abusive language and aggressive behavior are unacceptable at all times.
- Treat all individuals respectfully regardless of race, religion, gender, age or sexual orientation.
- Encourage the peaceful resolution of conflict. Discourage violent or aggressive behavior to solve a problem.
- Should there be a concern, try to solve it with your child’s teacher. If unresolved, contact the principal. If the problem remains, then contact the superintendent. If the concern is not resolved at this level, then contact the board of Trustees.
- Inform the school of the student’s absence as soon as possible by either calling the school or sending a note with the student immediately upon his/her returns to school.
- Attend Parent/Teacher interviews.
- Talk about the Code of Conduct with your child or children and what it means.
HLPS Events Calendar
See what's happening at HLPS! Add the school calendar to iCal or your Google Calendar and get updates in real time.