Parents/Guardians are a vital part of every child’s education. This education starts long before children come to school in the simple forms of talking with your children, reading, playing games, and spending time with them.
Fort Vermilion School Division encourages parents/guardians to stay informed and support their children throughout their school career.
We have created a guide to help you communicate effectively with your child's teacher at Parent/Teacher Interviews with tips that can be applied throughout the school year.
View/download the document here: Making the Most of Parent/Teacher Communications
A few more ways to get involved are:
- read with your child often, ideally every day
- stay informed by reading newsletters, agendas and notes from the teacher or school
- participate in parent/teacher interviews
- attend school events and special activities
- talk to your child and show an interest in their school day, friends and favorite activities